Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"America just isn't Ready"

Many, if not all of you, have heard the cynical notion many times during this election season, that America is not ready for a black President or a female president.

First of all, don't ever sentimentalize ignorance and honest to God racism by candy-coating it as regional unawareness of racial diversity. Those who have programmed themselves to never vote for a black man or a woman has trapped themselves in a pre-20th Century mentality that can not be justified.

One thing that I've learned from this election year is that fear is alive and well.
The prospect of an Obama-Clinton or a Clinton-Obama ticket has excited the Democratic Party, but might scare many members of "Middle-White-America".
There are those will suggest that Americans would not want a historical candidacy 'forced down their throats.' To them, I reply by saying that AMERICA HAS TO LOOK IN THE DAMN MIRROR for once.
If not now, then when?

Why should we condone ignorance in an era in which it is imperative for America to advance in education to compete in a global economy?
It's been a half-a-century since racial discrimination was abolished from our laws; can we ever abolish it from our hearts?
Unfortunately, those cynical Americans who cannot are the ones who are supposedly the voters who are the tipping point of this election.

"Skin pigmentation and a lack of a penis is surely the beginning of America's demise" I guess is their philosophy.

Do we want a continuation of an administration that has failed us for 8 years?

I know that I will hear them say, "Andrae, not everyone is as tolerant as you(*Note=The world would be a better place if more people were like me*). There are those in the south and midwest who won't ever think about voting for a woman or an African-American. The Democrats will lose with either of them in the general. America is just not ready."

America wants change; and I will bleed pints of my own blood, work out every ounce of sweat of my being, and give my absolute all in helping either Senator Obama or Senator Clinton take back the White House from the worst administration in my lifetime.

The old saying goes, "I'd rather be strong and wrong that weak and right."

Well, I'm right and strong, and so are the millions of Americans thirsting for Change.

Wake Up.

Goodnight, and good luck.

No comments: